In the past three decades, JJVS has collaborated with local and international groups to make great strides in their mission toward an egalitarian and empowered society. Some achievements include:
- 6700 households from 15 villages became self-sufficient in managing their natural resources and now use the best agricultural practices to improve their livelihoods
- Microloans were given to 90 self-help and 70 joint-liability groups in rural areas to establish small scale village-based industries for income generation
for protection of human rights, the environment, and community development
- 2500 households in 10 villages benefitted from JJVS advocacy to strengthen government schemes and provide ownership rights to livelihood resources
- Organization of a network of 12 Non-Governmental Organizations in southern Rajasthan that work on food, water, employment and other development programmes.
- Creation of NGO Jangal Jameen Jan Andolan to work with government agencies to implement regulation and application of the Forest Right Act 2006 for the legal allotment of cultivated forest land to indigenous tribal communities
- Creation of NGO Jaisamand Vikas Manch to advocate for water rights of local communities to Jaisamand Lake, as well as sustainable conservation of area surrounding Jaisamand Lake. Rehabilitation packages were secured for 844 affected families
- Creation of NGO Chadreshwar Kisan Sangharsh Samiti to mobilize villagers against the building of the Mansi Wakal dam and their potential displacement
- Creation of NGO Jhamari Bachao Andolan to address industrial pollution and Mine displacement in 30 villages surrounding Udaipur
Revitalization of Traditional Systems of Medicine:
Traditional Health Practitioners or “Gunis” are experienced health service providers and are recognised by national and international institutions. They have been achieving remarkable competencies in curing typical rural health problems, including chronic pains, Malaria, Asthma, leucorrhoea, menorrhiagia, stomach disorders, kidney stone, Arthritis, pneumonia, eye & ear trouble, Piles, heart trouble and bone setting.Some achievements include:
- Establishment of a national network of 1124 Gunis (traditional healers) and 502 Dais (traditional midwives) in 7 Rajasthan states.
- Gunis created sustainable livelihoods through providing traditional health treatment and medicines to local rural communities.
- 36 herbal formulations created using local medicinal plants were registered with the Rajasthan government Ayurveda drug department.
- 15,000 home herbal gardens have been established in 8 states for primary health care needs in rural communities
- Centralized medicinal plant parks and nurseries were established for the conservation, education, and promotion of traditional medicines knowledge
- Protected and promoted traditional medicine knowledge through creation of 200 Community Health Knowledge registers recognized in Gram Sabhas by the local level village democratic ruling bodies (Panchayats).
- Creation of Guni Ashram with ethno-medico forestry parks and centralized nursery for conservation, education and promotion of traditional medicine knowledge